A Case Study
This document presents the evaluation of an e-commerce implementation in the CanCric, a Canterbury based mostly firm that sells cricket products to sports shops across the UK. This document will goal to present a extra inside picture of the e-commerce implementation the administration has envisaged and can provide a basis for the feasibility evaluation of the venture.
This doc has been prepared primarily for the senior administration. Nonetheless, as there are not any present staff who’ve sufficient in-depth expertise to develop the applying in-house, it is likely that a business service supplier will be contracted for the job. This document will provide the essential understanding of what to do for the contractor.
This document comprises evaluation of the CanCric e-commerce implementation and following artefacts will probably be included in the general report.
· Venture Introduction
· Mission Benefits
· System Requirements
· Implementation Plan
· Threat Evaluation
CanCric is a Canterbury based mostly firm that sells cricket merchandise to sports stores around the UK. Their merchandise include crickets gear (gloves, helmets, balls, bats, pads, shocks and so on.) and memorabilia (flags, T-Shirts, prints and so forth.)
CanCric is a market leader due to its prime quality products and listening to its customers. The corporate needs to further improve the standard of its merchandise and create a stronger relationship with its clients by implementing an e-commerce system.
The undertaking will bring following envisaged advantages to the corporate:
1. The new web site will present a greater marketing place for the corporate to seize way more business by publicizing their merchandise on web.
2. The corporate can be ready to increase its profit by the growing gross sales. Improve in sales is part and parcel with the e-commerce implementation.
3. The company will be capable of develop the size of the market from regional to national or national to international. At present the corporate is only promoting its merchandise throughout the UK.
Four. The corporate will be capable to decrease costs in numerous areas elicited under:
a. Costs of making the product
b. Value of selling since online advertising is cheaper than other print media
c. Costs of distribution in few instances, like providing online brochures will cut back value of printing and shipping data to potential clients
d. Costs of processing orders from the purchasers are the most important cost discount the venture will achieve. The net utility will ease the repeating activities and information processing for the general order processing.
e. The price of dealing with buyer telephone calls will also be diminished by offering online discussion forums and suggestion containers which most of the customers will willfully accept.
f. On-line presence of information will decrease the handbook handling of sales inquiries, thus decreasing numerous value when it comes to time and resources.
g. E-commerce mission implementations will be enhanced to carry out hundreds of other operations to offer the person with very wealthy info. One is the inventory forecast. E-commerce techniques can be enhanced to forecast the gross sales within the upcoming months by analyzing the past developments. This may greatly scale back the cost of extra inventory management.
5. Electronic content management providers will probably be offered to scale back the price of content retrieval and supply safety and controlled access rights options.
6. Web sites present straightforward change management. The purpose right here is that with a web site, you may have the prices listed, and change them – you simply edit the net web page – whereas in a printed catalogue you might be caught with the expense of printing a new version if you happen to need to change many of the costs.
7. Web sites enables customization of merchandise if CanCric ever wish to help it.
8. The mission will allow CanCric to build extra collaborative and stronger relationships with its suppliers. This contains streamlining and automating the underlying enterprise processes, enabling areas akin to
a. Online procurement of material
c. Info Management
d. Decreased inventories due to environment friendly information alternate
e. Diminished supply delays.
Given under are the necessities of the system, listed with respect to the modules within the system
1. The website of the system needs to be very person friendly
2. The web site ought to present the overall mission statement and vision of the company
3. The website should clearly give an entire catalogue of all products the company is manufacturing, together with the pictures of the product.
4. The web site must also highlight the future plans of CanCric in regards to the product expansions.
5. The search performance ought to be provided on the web site
6. The web site search should be to show the closest outcomes to the search strings
7. The search functionality ought to help input of multiple search criteria.
8. The functionality to show the entire site map of the web site should be supplied.
9. The website should also be sustaining the sponsored players info
10. The sponsored players information needs to be shown in the column kind
eleven. The website should also have performance of on-line dialogue boards
12. The registered customers ought to have the ability to participate within the discussions
thirteen. Any visitor can see the discussions
14. The system ought to be able to keep up discussions within the type of tree and chronological order
15. Consumer ought to have the ability to delete the put up from dialogue boards
16. User should not be capable to edit the discussion posts
17. Administrator ought to have the ability to administer the dialogue boards.
On-line Order Processing
18. The website ought to permit customers to maintain their user profiles.
19. The web site ought to make sure that the user information is not going to be misused.
20. The web site ought to provide the ability to the person to pre-enter the credit card information of the consumer for the longer term use by the user
21. The website ought to allow the user to maintain a purchasing cart along with its profile
22. The consumer ought to be able so as to add cricket merchandise in its shopping cart.
23. The user needs to be shown the overall price of the present choice in the buying cart
24. The consumer ought to be able to delete entries from the purchasing cart
25. The user ought to have the ability to preview the buying cart any time it want to
26. The user needs to be ready to save the current procuring cart for future use
27. The facility to purchase the objects in the shopping cart needs to be supplied with complete security measures.
28. The purchasing cart should be empty after the transaction
29. The supply choices should be shown to the person.
30. The user must be given possibility to decide on a courier company of its choice.
31. The user should be in a position to vary the billing details any time during the whole process of on-line order processing.
32. The payment choices out there should include:
* Cost by means of private credit card
* Cost via company credit card
* Cost by means of the month-to-month billing option
Research and improvement
33. The option to host a online survey needs to be supplied
34. The data collected from surveys needs to be accessible for reporting and evaluation functions
35. Support to generate experiences on given standards must be offered within the system
36. Multiple forms of studies should be obtainable in the system
37. The sales information, the go to historical past on the websites and the survey results; all ought to be available for the evaluation functions.
38. For the analysis purposes, application ought to support technologies like information mining and knowledge warehousing.
The iteration from present enterprise to new computerized system will take following steps to be accomplished:
1. Coaching of resources who can be utilizing the brand new utility
2. Development of confidence for the brand new system among the many CanCric employees
3. Internet hosting Plan
E-Commerce Website hosting is adding an e-commerce utility to a Website hosting bundle, which is what allows you to have a retailer on the web. To have an online site or retailer on the web we’ll need a web server. Sadly, proudly owning an online server can be very pricey and requires technical expertise that CanCric lacks. So, we should outsource this administration and hosting to some Internet hosting Company. Internet hosting firms will provide the gear and different technical sources.
I have identified these ecommerce packages and internet hosting plans as suitable for CanCrics needs.
1. http://www.bluehost.com This site offers 10 GB of storage and 250GB of switch each month as well as SSL, PHP and MySQL, that are generally required for plenty of ecommerce applications. It also has a wonderful account administration system that incorporates management of databases and personal server settings. The package also comes with free wiki and discussion board software that can be easily built-in. Bluehost is out there from £30 per yr.
2. http://www.newnet.co.uk Newnet affords hosing packages from £57 per yr and collocation from £150. Although our wants dont require co-location but, having the option to upgrade to co-location on the identical premises will probably be an asset. The host gives scripting and SSL services mandatory for ecommerce and a managed back up timetable to secure our companies knowledge.
3. http://www.ukip.co.uk UKIP is a broadband supplier that additionally provides hosting providers. They provide the identical hosting scripting companies as Bluehost and Newnet, they also provide assist for lively server pages and java server pages which can permit us to consider a wider vary of ecommerce functions.
1. http://www.actinic.co.uk Actinic is one in every of the most well-liked techniques currently accessible with over 10,000 users in 40 international locations. Actinic can combine with dreamweaver MX and has a spread of options not simply appropriate to the ecommerce but additionally to many different sides of business management reminiscent of inventory monitoring. Actinic Enterprise is suitable for our degree of growth as value £799 per license. Actinic is also capable of both B2B and B2C practises.
2. http://www.storefront.net Storefront is an API that may be built-in into dreamweaver or front page or used independently. It offers mechanisms form displaying products and managing a procuring cart. It is designed to allow maximum creativity for the designer whereas nonetheless taking part of the technicalities reminiscent of buying and paying.
There are additionally a number of risks associated with the e-commerce system implementation at CanCric, which should be mitigated to make the project profitable.
1. The hardware and network infrastructure needs to be enough to run and access the system
2. A stage of confidence must be built within the corporate for the utilization of the new system. The staff are anticipated to resist to such change within the organizations.
3. Customer concern of non-public info getting used wrongly. Such issues must be catered in the system.
4. Rules and rules should be redefined according the new system.
5. Safety and privateness must be handled rigorously since the CanCric system entails on-line transaction support.
The e-commerce implementation will certainly present CanCric an excellent alternative fantasy football championship shirt to seize the worldwide markets of cricket goods. However, there are few issues we should always take care of; to begin with we should keep away from over-expecting e-commerce lest we create a backlash when its guarantees are usually not fulfilled. E-commerce won’t, in and of itself, correct all the businesses issues. Secondly, the benefits of e-commerce might be restricted if we do not recognize its full system implications, and as an alternative implement it in limited ways in which only partially meet its requirements.
fantasy football championship shirt