20 Things To See In San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park
Travel and Places»
Visiting North America»
20 Things to See in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park
Up to date on October 30, 2012 Kathryn Vercillo more Click on thumbnail to view full-dimension Golden Gate Park, CA Map margin:0px !vital;” /> Golden Gate Park is one of the most well-liked sights in San Francisco. For those who get a chance to go to the city, you need to positively make it a degree to take a look at this wonderful spot of nature proper in the center of San Francisco. And if you live in San Francisco then you must do some in-depth exploring of all that there’s to see in this wonderful place. You can be stunned how many different things there are to take a look at while you’re here.
Here’s a list of twenty issues that you could see or do whenever you go to San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park:
1. Botanical Gardens. The Botanical Gardens are an amazing set of public gardens which might be positioned in the middle of the park. They are at the moment free to visit although I’ve heard rumors that a small price will quickly be charged. Even with a fee, it’s price it to go here. There is plant life from completely different parts of the world. It’s a retreat inside of a retreat inside of an urban area!
2. Japanese Tea Gardens. Situated actually close to the Botanical Gardens you’ll discover the Japanese Tea Gardens. It prices a small charge to enter right here but it’s totally value it. The plants and statues listed here are peaceful. There are a few koi fish within the pond. And for a few extra dollars you can get tea and cookies sold by girls carrying conventional Japanese clothes.
Three. De Younger Museum. Situated in the identical part of the park as the two gardens, you’ll find this terrific artwork museum. There are great permanent and temporary exhibits here. Plus you’ll be able to go to the highest of the reward shop (for no charge) and get a really cool view of the entire park.
4. California Academy of Sciences. Located across the best way from the De Younger Museum is that this constructing which holds an aquarium, a planetarium, a rainforest exhibit, a restaurant, a living roof and plenty of other stuff price checking out.
5. Bison Enclosure. There is a small enclosure in Golden Gate Park where a handful of American Buffalo live. It’s unusual to see a couple of of these creatures inside of the fence here. It’s nothing like seeing them out within the wild at a spot like Yellowstone. Nonetheless, it’s sort of cool to examine them out since they’re wonderful creatures that we don’t get to see too often.
6. Equestrian Stables. Bison aren’t the one animals that you could see in the park. There are additionally horses over on the stables in the middle of the park. Often the people who’ve their horses here will put on a horse show in the polo fields that are one other a part of the park price checking out.
7. Soccer Fields. If you want to get active while you’re within the park then a great selection is to take a look at the soccer fields that are situated on the northwest aspect of the park. Initially these were imagined to be polo fields however that by no means actually panned out.
8. Windmill and Tulip Backyard. At the west finish of Golden Gate Park is a windmill surrounded by an attractive backyard of flowers. It’s a picture-worthy spot and the windmill was once a working windmill so there’s some historical past right here too.
9. Games at Kezar Stadium. On the jap finish of Golden Gate Park is that this stadium where numerous highschool and community sports teams play their video games. The smartest thing to take a look at here is roller derby which occurs each so typically.
10. Outside concert events. There are numerous free (and never-so-free) out of doors music concerts and festivals held in Golden Gate Park throughout the year. Most of those take place in the summer. It’s always enjoyable to lounge around in the park listening to music.
11. Conservatory of Flowers. This is without doubt one of the world’s largest conservatories and an incredible place to see if you’re inquisitive about indoor gardens. There are also plenty of particular occasions and exhibits here you could try periodically all year long.
12. AIDS Memorial Grove. One other place where you can go to see flowers (however one that’s a bit extra somber) is the AIDS Memorial Grove which is devoted to the recollections of these folks who have died from the disease.
Thirteen. Golden Gate Park Rose Garden. A slightly more uplifting place to see flowers within the park is to take a look at the rose garden. Quite a few varieties of roses bloom here throughout the proper season.
14. Hippie Hill. Golden Gate Park is situated right near The Haight which is famous for the time that the hippies populated this area. Go back to that point at this spot of the park the place you can steadily experience a drum circle.
15. Stow Lake. One of the issues that individuals wish to do once they go to the park is to feed the ducks. You may do this here at Stow Lake which is in the middle of Golden Gate Park. You can even rent a paddleboat and trip it around.
16. Children’s Playground and Carousel. If in case you have kids then you’ve bought to check out this terrific playground in Golden Gate Park. Even if you don’t, you could find that the child in you comes out here.
17. Sharon Arts Studio. Positioned near the children’s playground is this superior neighborhood art studio that provides courses to folks involved in artwork.
18. Golden Gate Park Golf Course. There is a golf course situated throughout the boundaries of the park so if you wish to get out on the green and enjoy some golf then you may try this. Additionally they teach golf classes for both kids and adults right here.
19. Archery Vary. Situated near the golf course is the San Francisco Golden Gate Archery Vary the place people go to follow archery. You possibly can learn more about this place by checking out the Cupid’s Gate Archery Workforce which trains right here.
20. Beach Chalet Brewery and Restaurant. When you’re completed exploring all the park, you rock band tees can go grab a drink at this restaurant and brewery which is located within the park on the western facet. There are historic murals to check out before or after you eat and there is continuously reside music to be enjoyed here.
San FranciscoPlaces to go to in San Francisco With a Family and youngsters
by Robin Edmondson12
CaliforniaGolden Gate Park ~ Japanese Tea Backyard, Museums, Something for everyone!
by Peggy Woods64
San FranciscoTop 10 Things to See in San Francisco in Three Days
by Catherine Stolfi1
San FranciscoSan Francisco: A Customer’s Survival Guide
by Liz Elias19
San FranciscoSutro Baths and Neighborhood: San Francisco Historical past Bits
by Liz Elias16
San FranciscoASL and Deaf Events in the SF Bay Area – A list of Assets
San Francisco10 Breathtaking Stairway Walks on the Streets in San Francisco, CA
by Kathryn Vercillo12
Cooper Harrison 7 months ago from San Francisco, CA
Nice recommendations, thanks!
DjembeJay 2 years in rock band tees the past
Hippie Hill seems like an ideal place to go to and expertise a drum circle. If you do not know much about drum circles you’ll be able to view some good overview info at http://www.djembelessons.com/drum-circles.
macky75 5 years ago from London, England
At my age I can solely go to such wonderful places solely through the readings of different folks. If I ever lived to see San Francisco it is going to be a pleasant feeling.
htodd 5 years in the past from United States
Looks like San Francisco is a superb place….A must visit place
unknown 6 years in the past
daywriter 6 years ago from USA
To learn you St. Francisco post made me go back to the previous and remember visiting all these places with my husband and having a greeeeaaat time! Thank you for taking me back in a digital trip to a spot i love!
jaslevine 7 years in the past
Great info. Cannot wait to visit some of these locations once i come out there subsequent month!
dracaslair 7 years ago
hubs like this is cool keep it up.
Artwork of legend india.com 7 years ago
I impressed to learn your hub.this is the good information of San Francisco’s 20 places.
kiwi91 7 years in the past from USA
This is superior. I have been to San Francisco 5 – 6 instances, and that i’ve still solely seen a fraction of it. There’s loads to do there. As for Golden Gate Park, I’ve solely been to the part near the Exploratorium. Stunning building. Thanks for the guidelines!
cupidsgatearchery 8 years ago from Golden Gate Park Archery Range – San Francisco
Thanks for giving Cupid’s Gate Archery a mentioning in your article.
bayareagreatthing eight years ago from Bay Space California
Nice descriptions! I linked your hub to mine so others can discover out what to do in the Park.
HEBowers eight years ago
Hello. I’m new to Hubpages and was studying your hub and wondering when you had any advice on what I may doto improve my hubs.
p.s. I’ve all the time needed to go to San Fransisco.
Aqua eight years ago from California
Thanks for the great Hub – I’ll be in San Fransisco next week and I am printing this to take with me!
bala11bala eight years ago
the issues mentioned are amazing
outdoorguy38 8 years ago from Brookings,Oregon
Having been to San Fran many times in the past, I’m shocked to seek out out there are bison in Golden Gate Park. Thanks for the nice info.
Om Paramapoonya eight years ago
Hippie Hill sounds superior….I must test it out. Good hub 🙂
rock band tees